H1

RPG Index: Single player Role Playing Games

Friday 12 October 2012

Pokemmo

I've recently had a shared obsession with Pokemon, a lot of my friends and I have been playing Pokemmo; which is essentially Fire Red online. Pokemmo has a line of predecessors, similar online versions; all of which have been shut down or just plain failed. Despite that, it didn't stop these guys from trying.

Awwwww yeah. Pokemans.

It's extremely addictive, being able to play one of my favorite games of all time whilst having access to battle and chat with friends at the same time. In fact, so many of my friends have started playing that I can't keep up with who I need to add to my friends list.

Nostalgia yet?

Whilst the game currently still appears to be in alpha stage, it's very functional and some of the only content you can't access yet involves gambling, breeding, and the elite four. Updates to the game are fairly frequent, so expect to see the game in its full majesty in a matter of no time.

I have more than two badges now.

What's amazing, is being able to undertake your journey to become the master Pokemon trainer- with hundreds of players all swarming around, chatting, trying to do the same thing. The entire world is packed with people, and it makes playing exponentially more fun. For example, I decide to farm my Eevee happiness in a certain spot- only to find a dozen people already there doing the same thing.

I really love this game, it's a brilliant concept and I'm pretty upset they get shut down. I think the people who stop these games from running are probably just upset they aren't making any profit from it.

Everyone gets a Pikachu. Am I right?

It's the same as you remember, catching Pokemon and beating down gym leaders with glory and awesome. If you haven't played any of the games before, I'd get right on it- all you need is a Fire Red rom and off you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment